Saturday 25 December 2021

William DeVaugn: "Be Thankful For What You've Got"

I found several versions of this song on YouTube but I believe this is the original version. Not only is this a great song but it's excellent advice. Check it out here.

 What a great motto this is. If only everybody on earth would learn this lesson. But advertisers cause us to covet things we didn't know we needed or even wanted.

Luke 3:14 (Bible in Basic English) is one instance of how we should be thankful for what we're paid. "And men of the army put questions to him, saying, 'And what have we to do?' And he said to them, 'Do no violent acts to any man, and do not take anything without right, and let your payment be enough for you.'"

Furthermore, we're happiest when we aren't concerned with future successes or failures. As Paul learned in Philippians 4:11 (BBE), "But I will not say anything about my needs, for I am able, wherever I am, to be dependent on myself".

Here's another verse advertisers would hate people to take to heart. Hebrews 13:5 (BBE) reminds us, "Be free from the love of money and pleased with the things which you have; for he himself has said, I will be with you at all times."

And because our heavenly Father is taking constant care of us, we need not worry about the future. As Christ said in Matthew 6:26 (BBE), "See the birds of heaven; they do not put seeds in the earth, they do not get in grain, or put it in store-houses; and your Father in heaven gives them food. Are you not of much more value than they?"

So if he in whom we yearn for hasn't returned for us by



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.