Monday 6 December 2021

Karl Bartos: "Without a Trace of Emotion"

This one-time member of Kraftwerk released an exceptional album in 2013 called Off The Record. It contains musical ideas which he couldn't realize while he was in the band. Listen to one track here.

Just as Karl can't avoid his past from effecting him, we still have events which shaped us. As Paul wrote of his background in Philippians 3:4-6 (Bible in Basic English), "Even though I myself might have faith in the flesh: if any other man has reason to have faith in the flesh, I have more: Being given circumcision on the eighth day, of the nation of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, a Hebrew of Hebrews; in relation to the law, a Pharisee: In bitter hate I was cruel to the church; I kept all the righteousness of the law to the last detail."

Now some folks might wonder about believers being declared new creatures. Shouldn't we be free of our old nature? Paul answered that in Romans 7:14 and 15 (BBE). "For we are conscious that the law is of the spirit; but I am of the flesh, given into the power of sin. And I have no clear knowledge of what I am doing, for that which I have a mind to do, I do not, but what I have hate for, that I do."

While we await the return of our Master, we trust in his saving work. As Hebrews 5:8 and 9 (BBE) reminds us, "And though he was a Son, through the pain which he underwent, the knowledge came to him of what it was to be under God's orders; And when he had been made complete, he became the giver of eternal salvation to all those who are under his orders;"

When we're resurrected, we'll be given bodies fit for the new world. As 1 Corinthians 15:54 and 55 (BBE) tells us, "But when this has taken place, then that which was said in the Writings will come true, 'Death is overcome by life. O death, where is your power? O death, where are your pains?'"

If this hasn't happened by Thursday, I'll post an anti-drug song by Neil Young.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.