Thursday 2 December 2021

Andy Gibb: "I Just Want to Be Your Everything"

The Bee Gees' little brother released this track in the summer of 1977. With the help of his older siblings, Andy had his first hit. His brothers also sang harmonies on this song. Listen to it here.

We know that nobody on earth is able to be all things to all people. Even so, the Apostle Paul did try. He wrote in 1 Corinthians 9:22 (Bible in Basic English) that, "To the feeble, I was as one who is feeble, so that they might have salvation: I have been all things to all men, so that some at least might have salvation."

Be that as it may, the only person who can be all things to us is Christ. As he said in John 10:10 (BBE), "The thief comes only to take the sheep and to put them to death: he comes for their destruction: I have come so that they may have life and have it in greater measure."

Likewise, Christ said in John 12:46 (BBE), "I have come as a light into the world, so that no one who has faith in me will go on living in the dark."

And as we work for our Master, we know he'll be with us all the time in the spirit. Matthew 28:19 and 20 (BBE) reminds us to, "Go then, and make disciples of all the nations, giving them baptism in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: Teaching them to keep all the rules which I have given you: and see, I am ever with you, even to the end of the world."

Even if we forget some things, we still know that Christ will help us testify through the Holy Spirit. As we read what he said in John 14:25 and 26 (BBE) to the disciples, "I have said all this to you while I am still with you. But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will be your teacher in all things and will put you in mind of everything I have said to you."

So if he whom we adore hasn't returned by Saturday, I'll feature a sweet song by Joni Mitchel.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.