Saturday 18 December 2021

Uriah Heep: "Easy Livin'

Though this is a love song, it could easily be sung by us to Christ. It certainly meant a lot to me back in 1971, two years after Christ had taken his place in my heart. Check it out here.

Jesus himself likened salvation to having him come for dinner and lodging. Revelation 3:20 is rendered by The Bible in Basic English this way. "See, I am waiting at the door and giving the sign; if my voice comes to any man's ears and he makes the door open, I will come in to him, and will take food with him and he with me."

Furthermore, we who surrender our lives to Christ become his friends. As he told his disciples, and by extension us, in John 15:15 (BBE), "No longer do I give you the name of servants; because a servant is without knowledge of what his master is doing: I give you the name of friends, because I have given you knowledge of all the things which my Father has said to me."

Better still, we're part of his family. Mark 3:32-34 (BBE) tells us, "And a great number were seated round him; and they said to him, 'See, your mother and your brothers are outside looking for you.' And he said in answer, 'Who are my mother and my brothers?' And looking round at those who were seated about him, he said, 'See, my mother and my brothers!'"

Additionally, our actions show that Christ lives in us. As we read about true children of Jesus in 1 John 2:24 (BBE), "But as for you, keep in your hearts the things which were made clear to you from the first. If you keep these things in your hearts you will be kept in the Father and the Son."

Likewise, Romans 8:9 (BBE) warns us that,  "You are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if the Spirit of God is in you. But if any man has not the Spirit of Christ he is not one of his."

If Christ hasn't come to take us up to him in the air by Monday, I hope the post about why some folks are saved while others aren't is up for all to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.