Monday 24 May 2021

Led Zeppelin: "Your Time Is Gonna Come

This legendary band of the late sixties and early seventies put out some of the finest rock music ever heard. This song is one example of that. It's about a man who warns his girl that he'll leave her if she doesn't stop cheating on him. Listen to it here:

This song reminds me of a cruel supervisor at Jericho Hill School for the Deaf and Blind. After many complaints from us and after the school superintendent found her missing from the dorm one night, she was fired on February fifth, 1970. What revenge that was for all her mean words and heartless actions toward us!


Christ's harshest critics were, of all people, the Pharisees. Instead of recognizing him as the Messiah, they had him crucified.

We read in John 7:33 and 34 (Bible in Basic English) how he told the temple leaders their time would come. "Then Jesus said, 'I will be with you a little longer and then I go to him who sent me. You will be looking for me, and you will not see me: and where I am you may not come." Of course they didn't get his ultimate meaning that he would be in heaven and they would be in hell.

Neither did they figure that Jeremiah 29:13 (BBE) applied to them. "And you will be searching for me and I will be there, when you have gone after me with all your heart." No wonder the Pharisees missed that metaphorical boat.

Judgement Day will be a time of great horror for those who feign belief in our Master. As he described it in Luke 13:24 and 25 (BBE), not all who say his name will spend eternity in heaven. "Do your best to go in by the narrow door, for I say to you, A number will make the attempt to go in, but will not be able to do so. When the master of the house has got up, and the door has been shut, and you, still outside, give blows on the door, saying, 'Lord, let us in'; he will make answer and say, 'I have no knowledge of where you come from.'"

If Jesus hasn't returned by Thursday, I hope to post about how we can't escape God.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.