Monday 17 May 2021

Derek and The Dominos: "I Am Yours"

 What a sweet love song this is. People in love feel like an integral part of each other.

Listen to this song by Eric Clapton here:

I'm glad it's Jesus who remains forever a part of us through the Holy Spirit. Christ promised his disciples in John 14:16 and 17 (Bible in Basic English), "And I will make prayer to the Father and he will give you another Helper to be with you for ever, Even the Spirit of true knowledge. That Spirit the world is not able to take to its heart because it sees him not and has no knowledge of him: but you have knowledge of him, because he is ever with you and will be in you."

The Holy Spirit is God's down payment to us until that day when we meet Christ. As Ephesians 1:13 and 14 (BBE) reminds us, :In whom you, having been given the true word, the good news of your salvation, and through your faith in him, were given the sign of the Holy Spirit of hope, Which is the first-fruit of our heritage, till God gets back that which is his, to the praise of his glory."

We also have Christ's promise that we are his. He gave this assurance in John 10:27 and 28 (BBE). "My sheep give ear to my voice, and I have knowledge of them, and they come after me: And I give them eternal life; they will never come to destruction, and no one will ever take them out of my hand."

God likewise gave his people this assurance of security for those who trust in him. Deuteronomy 32:39 (BBE) reads, "See now, I myself am he; there is no other god but me: giver of death and life, wounding and making well: and no one has power to make you free from my hand."

And lest any one be confused about who owns us, Jesus prayed this in John 17:9 and 10 (BBE). "My prayer is for them: my prayer is not for the world, but for those whom you have given to me, because they are yours All mine are yours, and yours are mine) and I have glory in them."

If Christ hasn't come to gather us to himself by Monday, I hope to post about how Christians are on the front line of a spiritual battle.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.