Saturday 22 May 2021

It's A Beautiful Day: "White Bird"

This one-hit-wonder group out of San Francisco released this song in 1968. I assume the meaning of this song is that we must "fly," taking advantage of the freedom offered to us. Listen to this beautiful song here.

How sad it is that the gospel is freely available to many people but they ignore Christ's magnanimous offer. John 10:9 (Bible in Basic English) reads, "I am the door: if any man goes in through me he will have salvation, and will go in and go out, and will get food."

In the song, I assume the door of the golden cage is wide open. Otherwise how could the white bird fly?

But like that bird, we hesitate to proclaim the gospel. Paul's protege had his share of timidity. Even so, Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 1:6 and 7 (BBE), "For this reason I say to you, Let that grace of God which is in you, given to you by my hands, have living power. For God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of self-control."

Even so, there are times when we believers are afraid. Psalms 55:5 and 6 (BBE) reads, "Fear and shaking have come over me, with deep fear I am covered. And I said, 'If only I had wings like a dove! for then I would go in flight from here and be at rest."

We need only pray and trust in Christ, difficult though it might seem at the time. As we read in 1 Peter 5:6 and 7 (BBE), "For this cause make yourselves low under the strong hand of God, so that when the time comes you may be lifted up; Putting all your troubles on him, for he takes care of you."

And as our Master gave us an example, we read how to trust in the Father in 1 Peter 2:23 (BBE). "To sharp words he gave no sharp answer; when he was undergoing pain, no angry word came from his lips; but he put himself into the hands of the judge of righteousness:" So must we do.

If the one we trust in hasn't returned by Monday, I hope I can post about how wicked folks will be recompensed.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.