Monday 25 October 2021

Alice Cooper: "I'm Eighteen"

This shock rocker wasn't a mere singer. Many of his songs had a lot of thought put into them. This one is particularly relevant to that magic age when a boy morphs into a man. Hear it here:

Adulthood is difficult for a child to adjust to at first. That's why Paul said about spiritual maturity in 1 Corinthians 13:11 (Bible in Basic English), "When I was a child, I made use of a child's language, I had a child's feelings and a child's thoughts: now that I am a man, I have put away the things of a child."

We should also be glad to take responsibility as adults, even if it seems frightening. One great example of this is Jeremiah 1:6 and 7 (BBE). "Then said I, 'O Lord God! see, I have no power of words, for I am a child.' But the Lord said to me, 'Do not say, "I am a child:" for wherever I send you, you are to go, and whatever I give you orders to say, you are to say.'"

By the time we become adults, we should be able to assume the duties of an adult. Sadly, children these days don't have the beneficial correction of Proverbs 22:15 (BBE). "Foolish ways are deep-seated in the heart of a child, but the rod of punishment will send them far from him."

The God-given privilege of an adult is to raise a family. As Christ said in Matthew 19:5 (BBE), "For this cause will a man go away from his father and mother, and be joined to his wife; and the two will become one flesh?"

As adults, married men need the sacrificial maturity to provide for his family. Like Paul wrote in Ephesians 5:25 (BBE), "Husbands, have love for your wives, even as Christ had love for the church, and gave himself for it;"

Furthermore, work is where real consequences happen to lazy people. As Proverbs 10:5 (BBE) explains, "He who in summer gets together his store is a son who does wisely; but he who takes his rest when the grain is being cut is a son causing shame."

If Christ returns for his harvest by Thursday, I won't bother uploading my post about nothing.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.