Saturday 27 March 2021

Saxon: "Never Surrender"

During the years I tried hard to make my Amway business grow, I used this song to motivate myself to make more calls on prospective distributors. A friend introduced me to Saxon when he sold me an LP of their album "Wheels of Steel." Unless you don't like heavy metal, check out the song here.

Though we are called by Christ to be meek, there are times when we need to make a stand. Like Ecclesiastes 3:7 (Bible in Basic English) advises, there's "A time for undoing and a time for stitching; a time for keeping quiet and a time for talk;"

We see where the disciples took a stand to follow Christ in Acts 4:19 and 20 (BBE). They could have obeyed the rulers, "But Peter and John in answer said to them, 'It is for you to say if it is right in the eyes of God to give attention to you more than to God: For it is not possible for us to keep from saying what we have seen and have knowledge of."

We also see where Paul and Silas were wrongfully imprisoned in Philippi. They were publicly beaten and arrested but the officials wanted to send them away, But Paul wanted nothing to do with sneaking out of town.

Acts 16:37 and 38 (BBE) reads, "But Paul said to them, 'They have given us who are Romans a public whipping without judging us, and have put us in prison. Will they now send us out secretly? no, truly, let them come themselves and take us out.'"

Paul also rejected an offer by Governor Festus to be judged in Jerusalem. He knew that his Roman citizenship gave him the right to be judged in Rome.

Acts 25:10 and 11 (BBE) reads, "And Paul said, 'I am before the seat of Caesar's authority where it is right for me to be judged: I have done no wrong to the Jews, as you are well able to see. If, then, I am a wrongdoer and there is a cause of death in me, I am ready for death: if it is not as they say against me, no man may give me up to them. Let my cause come before Caesar.'"

So we understand that we accept persecution for preaching Christ but we also can use the laws of the land when it's right to do so.

If Christ returns by Monday, I hope to post about computers and how we used to communicate with one another.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.