Monday 8 March 2021

DC Talk: "Jesus Freak"

This song reminds me of myself during my junior high and high school days. I used to hand out tracts to the kids and I wore my Christian badges proudly. And when I had an opportunity, I defended Christ in class

Listen to this loud and proud song about our Lord here:

The worst persecution I suffered for the Master was mild compared to the suffering of God's apostles. Hebrews 11:36-38 (Bible in Basic English) reads, "And others were tested by being laughed at or by blows, and even with chains and prisons: They were stoned, they were cut up with knives, they were tested, they were put to death with the sword, they went about in sheepskins and in goatskins; being poor and in pain and cruelly attacked, Wandering in waste places and in mountains and in holes in the rocks; for whom the world was not good enough."

I'm glad Jesus made no secret of persecution to come when we follow him. He warned in John 16:2 (BBE), "They will put you out of the Synagogues: yes, the time is coming when whoever puts you to death will have the belief that he is doing God's pleasure."

I believe that when persecution comes to us, the Holy Spirit will strengthen us to go through it. Revelation 12:10 (BBE) reads, "And a great voice in heaven came to my ears, saying, 'Now is come the salvation, and the power, and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Christ: because he who says evil against our brothers before our God day and night is forced down.' And they overcame him through the blood of the Lamb and the word of their witness; and loving not their lives they freely gave themselves up to death."

And lest anybody thinks God won't avenge those who would rather die than abandon Christ, Revelation 6:9-11 (BBE) shows his concern for his martyrs. "And when the fifth stamp was undone, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been put to death for the word of God, and for the witness which they kept. And they gave a great cry, saying, 'How long will it be, O Ruler, holy and true, before you take your place as judge and give punishment for our blood to those on the earth?' And there was given to every one a white robe, and they were ordered to take their rest for a little time, till the number was complete of the other servants, their brothers, who would be put to death, even as they had been."

No matter what happens, we must keep in mind John 12:25 (BBE). "He who is in love with life will have it taken from him; and he who has no care for his life in this world will keep it for ever and ever."

If Christ hasn't returned by Thursday, I plan on posting about pride and a great song by Deep Purple.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.