Thursday 4 February 2021

The Electric Prunes: "Circus Freak"

Here's another song we can all relate to. Some female and male bosses are what the King James Version of the Bible calls "froward." Even church elders and school teachers can be control freaks. Such people can't stand not having total control of situations.

Listen to this tune here:

I certainly have met more than my fair share of perfectionists. One church elder continually corrected me. I felt as if she only listened for my mistakes instead of what I had to say.

That woman didn't understand James 3:1 and 2 (Bible in Basic English) and that verse included her. "Do not all be teachers, my brothers, because we teachers will be judged more hardly than others. For we all go wrong in a number of things. If a man never makes a slip in his talk, then he is a complete man and able to keep all his body in control."

People like that woman should consider Job 9:20 (King James Version) which reads, "If I justify myself, mine own mouth shall condemn me: if I say, 'I am perfect,' it shall also prove me perverse."

Hypocrites figure they're right, others are wrong, and that's all there is to it. But Christ blasted the Pharisees for looking righteous rather than being righteous. One of them invited Christ to supper and noted that he didn't wash his hands in the prescribed ceremonial way. We see how picky those religious folks were in Luke 11:38 and 39 (BBE). "And when the Pharisee saw it, he was surprised because he came to the meal without first washing himself. And the Lord said to him, 'You Pharisees make the outside of the cup and the plate clean; but inside you are thieves and full of evil.'"

I pity those kind of foolishly-fastidious folks. They're their own worst enemies. Imagine dining with the Son of God and fussing about an omitted ceremony.

If we don't meet Christ in the air by Saturday, I hope to post about one of my biggest mistakes.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.