Thursday 18 February 2021

Chester: Make My Life a Little Bit Brighter

This is another of those Canadian rock songs which received government-mandated airplay back in 1971. Radio stations preferred American music since it was more popular. So the Canadian government made a law that stations must play thirty percent Canadian content. Consequently, fans like me could hear great music from my fellow Canadians.

Listen to Chester's upbeat song here:

Reading through the New Testament, I find many verses expressing how people or a church made the apostles lives a little bit brighter. For example, Paul requested this in Philippians 2:1 and 2 (Bible in Basic English). "If then there is any comfort in Christ, any help given by love, any uniting of hearts in the Spirit, any loving mercies and pity, Make my joy complete by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in harmony and of one mind;"

And even though the disciples disappointed Jesus often, he still loved them. John 15:11 (BBE) reads, "I have said these things to you so that I may have joy in you and so that your joy may be complete."

Even testifying about our faith can be a joyous thing. Check out what Paul said in Acts 26:2 (BBE). "In my opinion I am happy, King Agrippa, to be able to give my answer before you today to all these things which the Jews say against me:"

It seems counterintuitive but we can be happy for even being persecuted for Christ's sake. We read in 1 Peter 4:14 (BBE) that, "If men say evil things of you because of the name of Christ, happy are you; for the Spirit of glory and of God is resting on you."

Finally, we must always encourage our fellow believers about Christ's return. As Paul admonished in 1 Thessalonians 4:18 (BBE), "So then, give comfort to one another with these words."

In the event that our Lord doesn't return by Saturday, I'll post about those who quit the faith.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.