Monday 23 November 2020

The Original Instigator

From the beginning, Satan has instigated rebellion against God. He was the one who led a third of the angels to defect as well.  If we could trace every evil act back to its originator, the proverbial buck would stop with the Devil.

Christ himself gave the evidence of Satan's endless malice when he confronted the Pharisees for their incomprehension and unbelief. John 8:43-45 (Bible in Basic English) says, "Why are my words not clear to you? It is because your ears are shut to my teaching. You are the children of your father the Evil One and it is your pleasure to do his desires. From the first he was a taker of life; and he did not go in the true way because there is no true thing in him. When he says what is false, it is natural to him, for he is false and the father of what is false."

aiah 14:12 and 13 (BBE) describes the fall of Lucifer. "How great is your fall from heaven, O shining one, son of the morning! How are you cut down to the earth, low among the dead bodies! For you said in your heart, 'I will go up to heaven, I will make my seat higher than the stars of God; I will take my place on the mountain of the meeting-place of the gods, in the inmost parts of the north. I will go higher than the clouds; I will be like the Most High.'"

Our ultimate enemy also delights in destroying people, as we note in Job 2:3-6 (BBE). "And the Lord said to the Satan, 'Have you taken note of my servant Job, for there is no one like him on the earth, a man without sin and upright, fearing God and keeping himself far from evil? and he still keeps his righteousness, though you have been moving me to send destruction on him without cause.' And the Satan said in answer to the Lord, 'Skin for skin, all a man has he will give for his life. But now, if you only put your hand on his bone and his flesh, he will certainly be cursing you to your face.' And the Lord said to the Satan, 'See, he is in your hands, only do not take his life.'"

The Devil also falsely accuses us Christians. Revelation 12:10 (King James Version) tells us, "And I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, 'Now is come salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of his Christ: for the accuser of our brethren is cast down, which accused them before our God day and night.'"

I could go on about how Satan loves pitting people against each other like the organizer of a cock fight. I could list the horrific deception of unsaved people too. I'll save those topics for another post. Bear in mind that as everything good comes from God, everything repulsive and destructive comes from the Devil.

If our Master hasn't returned by Thursday, I hope to post about how hatred is actually mental murder.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.