Saturday 14 November 2020

Saturday Song: King Crimson, "Epitaph"

 This song is about the aftermath of a nuclear holocaust or devastating war. In the scenario King Crimson presents in this song, people are coming to grips with the grim reality they face.

Listen to this song here.

We Christians have the hope that God is with us no matter what happens. This promise is in Hebrews 13:5 (Bible in Basic English) which reads, "Be free from the love of money and pleased with the things which you have; for he himself has said, 'I will be with you at all times.'"

And since we gentiles are grafted into the vine, meaning the people of Israel, we can trust in the promise given in Deuteronomy 31:8 (BBE). "It is the Lord who goes before you; he will be with you, he will not take away his help from you or give you up: so have no fear."

Furthermore, our Good Shepherd won't let us go. John 10:27 and 28 (BBE) reassures us of that. "My sheep give ear to my voice, and I have knowledge of them, and they come after me: And I give them eternal life; they will never come to destruction, and no one will ever take them out of my hand."

I know that some Christians believe we'll go through the great tribulation mentioned in Scripture. Others believe we'll be snatched out of the world before all hell literally breaks forth upon the earth. Whatever happens in the future, we trust in our Lord and Master to preserve us.

Since God gave Jesus his disciples, we can also claim this protection. John 17:6 (BBE) reads, "I have given knowledge of your name to the men whom you gave me out of the world: yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your words."

If our Good Shepherd hasn't come for us by Monday, I plan on publishing about our common salvation and what it means.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.