Thursday 17 June 2021


This song resonates with me. Thanks to Christ's compassionate providence, I now have my own home in the heart of the country. After twenty-one years of living here, I've never been happier.

Check out Paul's song here about his farm:

Many Bible heros had their time of recovery in the wilderness. We read in 1 Kings 17:1-3 (Bible in Basic English) how the Lord provided for one prophet. "And Elijah the Tishbite, of Tishbe in Gilead, said to Ahab, 'By the living Lord, the God of Israel, whose servant I am, there will be no dew or rain in these years, but only at my word.' Then the word of the Lord came to him, saying,'Go from here in the direction of the east, and keep yourself in a secret place by the stream Cherith, east of Jordan." Ravens brought him food there and a widow took care of him later, all at God's providential working.

Though Jesus didn't leave civilization as I've done, he did need a break from time to time. Luke 5:15 and 16 (BBE) says, "But news of him went out all the more, in every direction, and great numbers of people came together to give hearing to his words and to be made well from their diseases. But he went away by himself to a waste place for prayer."

A man returning to his home country also received the gospel in the wilderness. Acts 8:26-28 (BBE)reads, "But an angel of the Lord said to Philip, 'Get up, and go to the south, to the road which goes from Jerusalem to Gaza, through the waste land.' And he went and there was a man of Ethiopia, a servant of great authority under Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, and controller of all her property, who had come up to Jerusalem for worship; He was going back, seated in his carriage, and was reading the book of the prophet Isaiah."

Wilderness times are often necessary for God's work. I've found that in my life and I hope you find it that way too.

If Christ hasn't gathered us up by Saturday, my hope is to feature a sound collage of Germany's Nazi madness.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.