Saturday 3 April 2021

The Electric Prunes: "Holy Are You"

I wonder what my anti-rock-music church leaders would have thought of praising God with electric guitars. I know I'd have loved this song if somebody had played it to me when I was a teenager.

Check out the song here:

We often take the Father's holiness for granted. Like fish, we're so used to water being around us and in us. Only when we're out of water do we miss it.

Moses was one person who wanted to see God's holy glory. The father knew no mortal could withstand his full brilliance so he said to Moses in Exodus 33:21-23 (Bible in Basic English), "And the Lord said, 'See, there is a place near me, and you may take your place on the rock: And when my glory goes by, I will put you in a hole in the rock, covering you with my hand till I have gone past: Then I will take away my hand, and you will see my back: but my face is not to be seen.'"

And like our heavenly Father, we too must be holy. Leviticus 20:7 (BBE) is his instruction to the descendents of Israel. "So make and keep yourselves holy, for I am the Lord your God."

It's a blessing that God is our heavenly Father, even when we stray from the truth. Malachi 3:6 (BBE) reminded the Israelites of God's mercy in judgement. "For I am the Lord, I am unchanged; and so you, O sons of Jacob, have not been cut off."

Our Master also is eternal and unchanging, as Hebrews 13:8 (BBE) reminds us. "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and for ever."

God also can speak of his unchanging nature through unholy people regarding this truth. In Numbers 23:19 (BBE), Balaam said, "God is not a man, to say what is false; or the son of man, that his purpose may be changed: what he has said, will he not do? and will he not give effect to the words of his mouth?"Though we can come boldly into his presence, our heavenly Father must be respected as he is ultimate holiness.

And if his resurrected son doesn't return by Monday, I hope to post about going for a soda and how much safer it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.