Monday 31 August 2020

We Too Are Transitioning

I feel sad when I hear about people who feel they were born in the wrong body. Gender dysphoria is a delusion where folks who were born male think they're female and visa versa. I believe it's a lie from the Devil. The Bible teaches that there are only male and female humans. Even science acknowledges that we either have XX or XY chromosomes. Every cell in our bodies rebukes the errant notion of sexual fluidity. This fact is also true in most animals.

But we Christians are the real ones who are transitioning. We were once dead in trespasses and sins but have been made spiritually alive. Paul explained this in 2 Corinthians 5:17 (BBE). "So if any man is in Christ, he is in a new world: the old things have come to an end; they have truly become new."

Even so, we still have our old nature tripping us up. Paul agonized over his flesh and its desires warring against the Spirit in Romans 7:18 (BBE). "For I am conscious that in me, that is, in my flesh, there is nothing good: I have the mind but not the power to do what is right."

Fortunately for born-again Christians, the Holy Spirit is working in us to overcome the flesh.  We read in 1 John 4:4 (BBE) about his awesome labour in us. "You are of God, my little children, and you have overcome them because he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."

Jesus also promised the same thing to his disciples, and us by extension, in John 16:33 (BBE). "I have said all these things to you so that in me you may have peace. In the world you have trouble: but take heart! I have overcome the world."

On that great resurrection day, we will be free from these sin-prone bodies with all their desires and weaknesses. No more will Satan be around to use these back doors to our souls to sabotage us. John 8:31 and 32 (BBE) tells us, "Then Jesus said to the Jews who had faith in him, 'If you keep my word, then you are truly my disciples; And you will have knowledge of what is true, and that will make you free."

While we wait for that glorious day, we must heed what is written in Romans 12:2 (BBE). "And let not your behaviour be like that of this world, but be changed and made new in mind, so that by experience you may have knowledge of the good and pleasing and complete purpose of God."

On Monday, if Christ hasn't returned, I'll post about Christians' old schoolmaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.