Friday 4 May 2012

WOLVES DISGUISED AS SHEPHERDS.

How cruel can people be? In my life, I've had certain individuals say many hurtful things to my face or behind my back. One of the cruellest lies came from a man who I once trusted with all my heart to tell me the truth. In my upcoming How I Was Razed: A Journey from Cultism to Christianity memoir, I recalled the evening in May of 1974 when i asked the minister of the cultic house church I attended why I was born with poor sight. Below is his heartless and unbiblical explanation. ----------------------------------------------------------------- This most recent failure of my faith nagged at me day after day. When Brother Herald invited our questions at the end of the next mid week Bible study, I burst out, "Why did I have to be born with bad eyesight?" He drew a deep breath and explained, "God gave you a choice of where you would be born, but going through the birth canal erased your memory. This is why we don't remember our pre-birth existence. God showed you the two choices you had and this one seemed better to you. We all were given an opportunity to be born in a different family." "You mean I could have been born somewhere else?" "Yes, and perhaps in another time. You chose to be here in this age. You could have been born with sight, but in a different country and time. You could have been one of those starving Third World babies we read about which die in the bondage of their religion. You could have been one of those Muhammadans in the Middle East. Your sight wouldn't help you to be saved, you know." ----------------------------------------------------------------- How I Was Razed is the testimony of how God revealed his true character to me after charismatic house church elders misled me for more than fifteen years. You're welcome to contact me directly for more information about this upcoming paperback.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.