Thursday 24 May 2018

The Servant Lord Error

Though Jesus said he came not to be served but to serve, people think he must give them whatsoever they ask. They doubtless won't say so but they're using Jesus as an unlimited credit card to get what they desire.

Those folks who preach the bogus name-it-and-claim-it doctrine use verses such as John 16:24 (KJV) to prove their point. "Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full."

These bogus preachers also cite  John 16:23 (KJV) which says, "And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you."

What they neglect to do is to read the entire Scripture as one unit rather than slicing up the book into the bits they like and ignoring the rest. Jesus likened the Father to an earthly dad who gives only good things to his children. But he also showed in Matthew 6:33 (KJV) the priority in which we must base our requests. "But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

And as has happened to me, charismatic Christians use James 4:3 (KJV) to accuse people when what they ask for isn't given to them. "Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts."

The name of Jesus isn't a mantra we use to gain his favour and get whatever we want. His name is all he is, not a mere word we use. Sadly, many Christians try to get what they want for themselves by tacking the phrase "in Jesus' name" at the end of their prayers. This is superstitious and blasphemous. Neither is a prayer wasted if it isn't ended with that phrase.

Worse yet, some preachers claim that saying "Thy will be done," is admitting weakness and distrust in God's power. It most certainly isn't the case. When Jesus went to the cross, he didn't lose his faith. Matthew 26:42 (KJV) records, "He went away again the second time, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if this cup may not pass away from me, except I drink it, thy will be done."

The fact is that God is sovereign and he does whatever he wants. I'll be writing more about how false leaders send people to hell in my next book called You Think You're Going to Heaven? Treating God like a vending machine is blasphemy. Remember that most of the faithful saints throughout history were dirt poor. Anybody who claims we're owed prosperity is of their father, the Devil.


You'll doubtless love my next post if you're into great classic rock. A band I loved changed their sound and I didn't realize they were the same musicians when I heard their 1970 hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.