Saturday 26 May 2018

Saturday Song: Strawberry Alarm Clock, "Desiree"

Did you ever hear a song and not realize who sang it? That happened to me in June of 1970. To me, Strawberry Alarm Clock was a psychedelic band which had the hit "Incense Peppermints back in 1967. This new song didn't sound at all like it was from the same band.

Hear Strawberry Alarm Clock's "Desiree"

Twenty-four years later, I found out that this song was sung by Strawberry Alarm Clock. On the CD of their best hits, I could hear the change in the band's sound. Even so, it was the same group of musicians who recorded all those great songs.

So too is God the same throughout history. Look at what Malachi 3:6 (KJV) says. "For I am the LORD, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed."

Though we now are in the New Testiment age, God is still consistant in his character. Cults like Islam and the Mormons say our relationship with him has changed but it hasn't. Old Testament and New Testament believers are saved the same way, no matter who they are or where they came from.

So, what do you think of the song and what I've written? Please leave me a comment in the box below. If you don't feel like it, have a lovely weekend anyway.

Stay tuned for my next blog post. It's in reference to a certain American comedian and his famous phrase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.