Saturday 18 January 2020

Saturday Song: The COLLECTORS "I Must Have Been Blind"

This song is about somebody leaving the country and the simple life and finding that living in the city wasn't where it's at. I'm sure we can all relate to the lyrics.

In a way, I did the same thing. My family lived in a town but I moved to the city of Edmonton when I was a teenager. I lived there for thirty years until the noise and churlish people drove me mad. Then I moved to a tiny hamlet where it's wonderfully quiet.

Listen to The Collectors song here.

Many folks do the same thing spiritually. They're raised as Christians but they wander away as teens. After years of feeling unfulfilled and running into many difficulties, they return to the faith. This time though, they own their own beliefs.

Jesus gave a good example of this in one of his most famous parables. A father's son wanted his share of the estate right away. That prodigal went to a far land and blew all his money on riotous living. When his cash ran out, so did his friends. He finally took a job feeding pigs but nobody fed him. Luke 15:17 (KJV) says, "And when he came to himself, he said, 'How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!'"

We know the rest of the story. And just like that young man, people can return to Christ and be warmly received with open arms. John 6:37 (KJV) quotes Jesus as saying, "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

What do you think of this song and what I've written? I hope you'll leave me a comment.

On Monday, I hope to post about if hell is fair.

1 comment:

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.