Saturday 23 November 2019

Saturday Song: 5 Man Electrical Band, "Juliana"


Here's another song from a Canadian band who should have had more airplay. This particular song is about a woman who left her boyfriend but he still loves her.

Hear this great early-seventies song here:

This situation reminds me of all the times Israel turned its collective back on God, even though he never gave up on them. One example of God's undying love toward his people is mentioned in Ezekiel 16:60 (BBE). Likening that nation to a loose woman, God spoke through his prophet of how he came to the nation's rescue but she forsook him. "But still I will keep in mind the agreement made with you in the days when you were young, and I will make with you an eternal agreement."

Likewise, God called to Israel in Joel 2:12 and 13 (BBE), saying, "But even now, says the Lord, come back to me with all your heart, keeping from food, with weeping and with sorrow: Let your hearts be broken, and not your clothing, and come back to the Lord your God: for he is full of grace and pity, slow to be angry and great in mercy, ready to be turned from his purpose of punishment."

We also see God reaching out to Israel's descendents in Jeremiah 30:17 and 18 (BBE, saying, "For I will make you healthy again and I will make you well from your wounds, says the Lord; because they have given you the name of an outlaw, saying, 'It is Zion cared for by no man.' The Lord has said, See, I am changing the fate of the tents of Jacob, and I will have pity on his houses; the town will be put up on its hill, and the great houses will be living-places again."

Jesus made one final appeal to his people in Matthew 23:37-39  BBE) when he cried, "O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, putting to death the prophets, and stoning those who are sent to her! Again and again would I have taken your children to myself as a bird takes her young ones under her wings, and you would not! See, your house is made waste. For I say to you, You will not see me from this time till you say, A blessing on him who comes in the name of the Lord."

I'll be posting on Monday, computer problems not withstanding, about why the "sheep" people will be blessed on Judgement Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.