Saturday 15 June 2019

Saturday Song: Cher, "Half breed"


I certainly can identify with Cher's song, even though my ancestors were all Europeans. Being partially sighted, I don't fit in with the fully-sighted or blind communities. People with good vision are confused that I can see but I'm classed by the government as legally blind. Some blind people hate us partially-sighted folks because we can see a bit and can't relate to total blindness. That's what I've been told by certain friends.

Listen to Cher's poignant song here:

This sounds strange but we Christians are half breeds. We are in fact royal children of Christ. Look at what Romans 8:15 (BBE) says. "For you did not get the spirit of servants again to put you in fear, but the spirit of sons was given to you, by which we say, Abba, Father."

As adopted children of the King of Kings, we must behave in a way that won't make him ashamed of us. Look at what 1 Peter 2:11(BBE)  says. "My loved ones, I make this request with all my heart, that, as those for whom this world is a strange country, you will keep yourselves from the desires of the flesh which make war against the soul;"

We also are citizens of Christ's kingdom. Ephesians 2:19 (BBE) clearly states, "So then you are no longer as those who have no part or place in the kingdom of God, but you are numbered among the saints, and of the family of God..."

Jesus knew that we would be left in this world. He prayed in John 17:15 (BBE), "My prayer is not that you will take them out of the world, but that you will keep them from the Evil One."

What a wonderful privilege we have to be adopted and cared for by the greatest king in the universe. And what a pity that our unsaved friends refuse such a magnanimous offer.

On Monday, I'll be posting about The Lord's take on wages and what our attitude should be about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.