Monday 25 February 2019

Why Must We Persevere to the End?

I'm sure that some people thought they meant to be faithful to Christ when they "made a decision" but is that all there is to Christianity? By no means. New believers need discipleship so they won't turn back to their old way of life.

Jesus commanded  in Matthew 28:19 (KJV) that his disciples must, "Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:"

We are also called to teach others what we were taught. Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 15:3 (KJV), "For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;"

Additionally, we are continually tempted to sin. That's why James 1:12 (KJV) says, "Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love him."

We all need each other to encourage and help one another. Romans 14:19 (KJV) reads, "Let us therefore follow after the things which  make for peace, and things wherewith one may edify another."

But aren't we always saved? Yes, but sometimes we stray into sin. That's why Jesus said in Revelation 3:5 (KJV), "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels."

I could point out so many more encouraging verses but I'll save that for You Think You're Going to Heaven? My book will deal with perseverance and why we need to fight sin in our lives daily.

On Thursday, I'll deal with why churches are, for the most part, reluctant to preach repentance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.