Saturday 9 February 2019

Saturday Song: Inner Circle, "Bad Boys"


This is one of my favourite reggae songs. The American TV show, "Cops" used it as their theme song, an apt choice as far as I'm concerned.

I found the full length version of the tune on YouTube. Take a listen to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4MRmEPNUxY&list=RDf4MRmEPNUxY

I'm glad that God is the ultimate police officer and judge combined. This saves us the trouble of seeking revenge on those who wronged us. As the Apostle Paul reminds us in Romans 12:19 (KJV), "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord."

We couldn't take perfect revenge even if we tried. We only see a person's exterior so we don't understand why they did what they did. But Jeremiah 17:10 (KJV) quotes God as saying, "I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings."

Furthermore, God always knows what people are up to. Revelation 20:12 (KJV) says, "And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works."

People figure God can't see them if they do their sins in secret. But Jesus tells us in Luke 8:17 (KJV), "For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad."

And as God spoke through his prophet in Jeremiah 23:24 (KJV), "Can any hide himself in secret places that I shall not see him? saith the LORD. Do not I fill heaven and earth? saith the LORD."

What a relief it is that God will repay the crimes against us by the wicked. Does this song and what I wrote make you glad? Please let me know in the space below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.