Saturday 5 January 2019

Saturday Song: Talking Heads, "Cities"


How many of you folks live, or have lived, in cities? Each has its good points and its bad points. Even so, many folks have to live in cities because that's where the work is. Cities also have many amenities which rural towns lack.

Check out this song about cities here.

Though I live in the country, I do look forward to living in a certain city. As we learn from Hebrews 11:10 (KJV), Abraham yearned for this special dwelling place. "For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God."

But long before the heavenly city comes down, Israelites held onto the hope of being in Jerusalem. Psalms 46:4 (KJV) exalts, "There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High."

Likewise, Psalms 87:3 (KJV) sings, "Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah."

And as Revelation 3:12 (KJV) assurs us believers, "Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name."

Someday, we all will see God's city  come down from heaven. Revelation 21:2 KJV)  "And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

Are you yearning for that wonderful event too? Please feel free to write me about your hope.

On Monday, I'll post about the dualism error. Some folks actually think that God and Satan are two sides of the same coin, metaphorically speaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.