Saturday 17 November 2018

Saturday Song: The Web Brothers, "Who Put the Roo in the Stew?"

Thanks to my New Zealand Friend, Maggie Rush, I found out about this hilarious song. It's based on a news item that some beef stew imported from Australia had kangaroo meet in it. The Web Brothers decided this was worthy of a song so they wrote about it.

Listen to the song here.

Like the man in the song said, I find that false doctrine doesn't "ring true." The Apostle Paul felt the same way. He wrote about the bogus gospels in Galatians 1:7 (KJV), "Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ."

He also warned his protege in 2 Timothy 4:3 (KJV) about those who didn't want the plain and simple salvation gospel. "For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;"

It might seem obvious to us but naive believers lack discernment. Like I once was, they believe anything they're told.

Some older believers also turn away from the faith. Paul lost so many believers to false gospels and apostasy, as he wrote in 2 Timothy 1:15 (KJV). "This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me; of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes."

This is why we must know the truth so well that falsehoods will be blatantly obvious. I'm told that bank tellers are so familiar with true bills that they can spot a counterfeit immediately. This is how we must act when people come into our churches with their heretical notions.

I hope you enjoyed this song and what I wrote. Please feel free to write your response to this post.

By the way, I'll be posting on Monday about the real one who leads people astray. We know it's Satan who does that but the Quran differs with the Bible on that point too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.