Thursday 4 October 2018

Was Muhammad the Prophet Like Unto Moses?

As I wrote before, Islam and Christianity aren't compatible. Neither does the Qu'ran agree with Holy Scripture on many crucial points.

This prophet, which Moses said would come, is a case in point. Look at what Deuteronomy 18:15 (KJV) has to say. "The LORD thy God will raise up unto thee a Prophet from the midst of thee, of thy brethren, like unto me; unto him ye shall hearken;"

Moses clarified the point in Deuteronomy 18:18  (BBE) when he said, "I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him."

Notice that in these scriptures, Moses added "from among their brethren" to his prophecy. Those brethren he spoke of were the Israelites.

But Muhammad was an Arab. How could an Arab be part of the Israelite line? He also lived more than two thousand years later and in a completely different land than Israel.

Muhammad never claimed to be the Son of God but Christ did. As Jesus said in John 15:24 (KJV), "If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father."

Additionally, Muhammad did no miracles but Christ performed many. Jesus also fulfilled hundreds of Old Testament prophecies but Muhammad never did. Neither did Muhammad have a unique conception as Jesus did. And the body of Muhammad is still on the earth but Jesus rose bodily into heaven.

I could find many more examples of their differences but I'm sure you see my point. I hope the readers of my upcoming You Think You're Going to Heaven? book do too. Since Muhammad isn't the prophet like unto Moses, we can safely discard his commandments.

On Saturday, I'll be posting a blog post about one of my favourite songs by the Canadian band, Klaatu. Stay tuned for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.