Saturday 20 October 2018

Saturday Song: Ian Thomas, "Come the Sun"

In the late sixties and early seventies, it was trendy and hip to sing about Jesus. Many non Christian artists portrayed him as a first-century hippie who got killed for saying we should all be nice to each other.

Though I appreciated hearing songs about my Lord on the radio, I soon learned that those who name his name aren't always doing so for noble reasons.

Listen to this song here.

The people of the world can be excused for their ignorance but not the followers of Christ. Some folks claim to be believers but they just want his power and blessing. Matthew 7:22 (KJV) is a warning to such people by Jesus when Judgement Day comes. "Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?"

Some folks become swept up in the emotional atmosphere of evangelistic meetings but they have zero interest in being Christ's disciple. As Jesus asked in Luke 6:46 (KJV)  "And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?"

And in a parable about the end of this age, Jesus warned in Luke 13:25 (KJV) that, "When once the master of the house is risen up, and hath shut to the door, and ye begin to stand without, and to knock at the door, saying, Lord, Lord, open unto us; and he shall answer and say unto you, I know you not whence ye are:"

So, what do you think of this song and what I've written? Please leave me a comment below.

By the way, I'll be posting about the credibility of the Bible verses the Qu'ran on Monday. Stay tuned for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.