Saturday 13 October 2018

Saturday Song: Badfinger, "Dennis"

Parental love is so special. No matter how bratty a child can get, parents still put up with them and correct them. I remember when I pulled stunts like walking all the way to my dad's workplace, he assured me that he still loved me as my behind ached from the spanking.

Badfinger recorded a charming and touching song about a boy named Dennis and his parent's reassurances to him. I think it's one of their finest compositions.

Listen to the song here.

Sometimes our heavenly Father has to spank us when we stray. Proverbs 3:11 (KJV) reads, "My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; neither be weary of his correction:"

But God doesn't chastise us because he's mean. Look at what Hebrews 12:11 (KJV) says. "Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby."

And as Jesus said in Revelation 3:19 (KJV), "As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent."

Furthermore, God is like the ultimate father who provides what his children need. Luke 12:30 (KJV) says, "For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things."

So, what do you think of this song and the wonderful things our Father in heaven does for us? Let me know in the space below.

By the way, I'll be posting on Monday about Muhammad and if he was or wasn't a genuine messenger from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.