Saturday 29 September 2018

Saturday Song: 10cc, "Second Sitting for the Last Supper"

Back in the summer of 1975, I felt delighted to hear this song. Somebody was actually singing about Jesus on the radio. And while I did have some trepidations about the lyrics, I took encouragement in the fact that there would be a second supper at which all the faithful could eat. Of course 10cc didn't share the blessid hope of Christ's second coming as I did and still do.

Listen to 10cc's song here:

I do agree with 10cc that it should be time for resurrection but that's up to the Lord to decide. Whenever it happens, we can anticipate that even when our bodies die,we will be raised in new bodies on that wonderful day. As Paul wrote about burial in Romans 6:5 (KJV), "For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:"

And this resurrection won't take place secretly but will be abundantly obvious to all. As Paul wrote in 2 Timothy 2:18 (KJV) about those spreading rumors, "Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some."

When we are raised from the dead, it'll be a wonderful day for believers and a terrifying day for those who rejected the gospel all their lives. As Jesus was quoted in regard to the future judgement in John 5:29 (KJV), "And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation."

So, what do you think of 10Cc's song and what I've written? Please let me know in the space below.

By the way, I'll be dealing with the differences between the God of the Bible and Islam's Allah. Some professing Christians actually think God and Allah are the same person. They aren't and I'll show why next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.