Saturday 18 August 2018

Saturday Song: Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band, Telephone

Remember when phohnes were used for conversations with family members and friends? People used to have only one telephone in the house and it was such a thrill to receive a long distance call.

In many ways, times have changed. More people, especially in the Third World, have cell phones. And instead of family or friends, people are often interrupted by telemarketers and spammers. Even if you're on the "Do Not Call" list, those weasels still manage to hide their identity while dialling every number combination with their computers.

I must admit that I feel enraged when one of those jerks dials my number. That's why this zany song by Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band resonates with me. When I'm busy writing or napping and the phone rings, I feel like taking a sledge hammer to every jangling instrument in the house.

Listen to Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band's song here.

I love the fact that we who place our trust in Jesus can call upon the Father any time of day. We pay no roaming charges, no long distance tolls, and we never have any static or dropped calls.

I love what Peter said in Acts 2:21 (KJV). "And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall  call on the name of the Lord shall be saved."

No matter who a person is, the Lord is open to accept whoever realizes they can't face the emptiness of life and the wrath of God at the end of it.

So, what do you think of the song and what I wrote here? Please leave me a comment. But if you'd rather not, have a wonderful weekend anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.