Monday 18 June 2018

The John 9:2 Error

This is one mistake which ignorant people make when they meet a disabled person or somebody who suffered a misfortune. They automatically assume that God must be punishing that person for sinning or for the sins of the parents. People I respected were especially cruel in their condemnation of me for not being healed when they laid hands on me.

Christ's disciples ask if a blind man sins were the cause of his being born that way or if his parent's sins caused it. John 9:3 (BBE) gives the real answer to their question. "Jesus said in answer, 'It was not because of his sin, or because of his father's or mother's; it was so that the works of God might be seen openly in him.'"

What these cruel folks who blame disabled people don't realize is that God made some of us with less-than-perfect senses. Exodus 4:11 (KJV) shows that truth well. "And the LORD said unto him (Moses), 'Who hath made man's mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?'"

Because of the endless cruelty of certain house church leaders, I turned my back on God for nine years. I finally realized that God wasn't at fault for my poor sight and lack of healing. It was the lies I was taught by that bogus church's leadership.

I wonder what they would have made of Leviticus 19:14 (KJV) if I had quoted it to them. "Thou shalt not curse the deaf, nor put a stumbling block before the blind, but shalt fear thy God: I am the LORD."

The fear of God certainly isn't in the hearts of many professing Christians. That's why I'm writing my next book called You Think You're Going to Heaven? Many who claim to believe in God haven't surrendered to Christ and are headed to hell. May the Lord use my book to turn folks from that horrific place.

I'll be writing next time about a mistake I made more than forty years ago and how it eventually lost me a lot of money.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.