Saturday 2 June 2018

Saturday Song: The Ink Spots, The Java Jive

Though this song was recorded in 1940, I still relate to it. I love strong coffee first thing in the morning. The aroma and the steam rising up to my face encourage me. After all, morning comes too early in the day for a night owl like me.

Listen to the song here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-I3_suZ4h2U

Now I know that caffeine is a drug. Even so, I don't go overboard on it. In fact, I limit myself so I can sleep at night.

As Philippians 4:5 (KJV) wisely advises, "Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand."

And as far as I know, people didn't know about coffee in Bible times. Even so, we need to be sober and vidulent. As Ephesians 5:18 (KJV) reads, "And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;"

And as Paul wrote in 1 Corinthians 10:23 (KJV), "All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not."

It's also unwise to be unaware of what's going on around us, physically and spiritually. Scripture says in 1 Peter 5:8 (KJV), "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary  the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may  devour:"

So, what do you think of this song and what I've written? Please tell me. But if you would rather not, have a wonderful weekend anyway.

My next post will be about hell and how some sinners joke that they'll be partying with their friends there. They won't be partying when they find out that their intense agony will never end.

Bruce Atchison, The Ink Spots, Philippians 4:5, Ephesians 5:18, 1 Corinthians 10:23 1 Peter 5:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.