Saturday 9 June 2018

Saturday Song: Boney M, Rasputin

Believe it or not, I was in a house church led by a minister who claimed that the spirits of dead people took over his body and used it to preach. One of those he claimed to be host to was Rasputin.

Worse yet, I fell for his lies. I craved the high standing of being an advanced Christian who knew privileged secrets. This bogus preacher offered me that and more.

Then Boney M's song "Rasputin" came out and I was instantly offended. I thought I knew so much more than that group did.

Click here to hear the song.

That contemptible minister taught me that Rasputin was actually a saint who was killed by courtiers in Moscow who were moved by Satan to murder him. Consequently, I turned off the radio when that song came on.

Now I realize the extent of my indoctrination into blasphemy and lies. The Bible teaches in many places that people shouldn't talk to the dead. Yet here was this man pretending to have spirits occupy his body while he went elsewhere to preach.

Jesus especially had a thing or three to say about misleading naive believers. Matthew 18:6 (KJV) demonstrates how much he despised false teachers. "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

So, what are the memories that this song stirs up in your mind? Please let me know in the box below. And if you don't want to comment, have a good weekend anyway.

I'll be writing next about how some folks try to sell the gospel like it was a product. Shame on such people!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.