Saturday 19 May 2018

Saturday Song: Rick Springfield, "Bruce"

Have you ever had people continually call you by the wrong name? That happened to me often and all because I was with my brother Roy. It annoyed me to no end that people kept mixing us up.

Apparently, Rick Springfield had the same problem, and maybe he still does. In this song, he sings about people confusing him with Bruce Springsteen.

Click here to hear Rick Springfield's song.

Roy and I are complete opposites. Roy is stupid while I'm not. Roy loves Satan while I love Christ. Roy does foolishd things, like putting a ton of Brill Cream in his hair until it shone, whereas I try hard to be prudent. Roy seeks approval from everybody whereas I seek only Christ's commendation. Roy also talks slower than I do.

Though Satan is a mere angel, though a powerful one, he isn't God and that's all there is to it. Sadly, people easily fall into the trap of believing his crafty lies. The Apostle Paul wrote in 2 Corinthians 11:14 (KJV, "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light."

How awesome it is that Christ knows us and never gets confused. We're sealed with the Holy Spirit unto that blessed day when our Lord returns!

Stay tuned for my next post which features a huge mistake which many preachers and believers make.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.