Thursday 19 April 2018

The Error of Praying to Saints



I realize that this will upset Catholics but there is no biblical requirement for believers to pray to the saints. If there was, I would do so. Here, from the Bible, is who we must pray to.

Jesus himself told  his disciples to whom we must pray in John 16:23 (KJV). "And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you."

Jesus also told his disciples, and us as well who follow him, in Matthew 6:6 (KJV) how to pray. "But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly."

We can also see that we pray for saints, not to them, in 2 Timothy 1:3 (KJV). "I thank God, whom I serve from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I have remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day;"

In the Old Testament, we see that it's God who grants our requests, not saints and prophets. Psalms 20:5 (KJV) says, "We will rejoice in thy salvation, and in the name of our God we will set up our banners: the LORD fulfil all thy petitions."

The New Testament says in 1 John 5:15 (KJV), "And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him."

But Catholics believe that God and Christ are too busy to hear from us mere mortals. That isn't so because Jesus told us to ask our heavenly Father for whatsoever we need.  The only mediator we need is Jesus. As Paul pointed out in 1 Timothy 2:5 (KJV), "For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"


I plan to point this out in my next book called You Think You're Going to Heaven? Saints can't save us and neither can Mary be our go-between. Sadly, the human traditions of the fathers still damn seekers to hell and close the door of the Kingdom to people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.