Saturday 28 April 2018

Saturday Song: Paul McCartney, "Maybe I'm Amazed"

Have you ever heard news which you couldn't accept. It seemed impossible that The Beatles had broken up in April of 1970. In my Deliverance from Jericho memoir, I wrote how I heard Paul McCartney's song and assumed it was recorded by The Beatles.

Hear Paul McCartney's "Maybe I'm Amazed" here.

Our expectations are frequently contradicted by reality. It was that way with the disciples of Jesus. The Lord appeared to them as they walked along a road but they didn't recognize him. Luke 24:21 quotes one of the men saying what all of them felt. "But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done."

Jesus explained how "the Christ" had to suffer and die to fulfill the scriptures and to redeam humanity. This stirred them profoundly.

Though The Beatles never came back together, understanding our Lord's purposes never lets us down. Hebrews 13:5 (KJV) assures us, "Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

So, what do you think of this song? What are your memories of hearing it? Please leave me a comment in the box below. And if not, have a great weekend anyway.

Bruce Atchison, The Beatles, Paul McCartney, Maybe I'm Amazed,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.