Saturday 21 April 2018

Saturday Song: Paul Anka, "Jubilation"

Having been warned by old folks about the supposed satanic connection to rock music, you can imagine my delight when this song came on the radio in March of 1973. For once, the elders of the church were wrong and I was in the right.

Listen to Paul Anka's song here.

I doubt that Mr. Anka believed what he sang. Most likely, it was just a catchy song which might be a hit for him. Much of the music which mentioned Christ was made by bands and musicians who merely wanted to ride the Jesus band wagon.

Even so, the message is a good one. People are so deceived by the Devil. They figure that just being n8ice will get them to heaven. As for the really wicked folks, they don't care.

Christ welcomes all people who sincerely are sorry for their past lives and want to start new ones. As the Lord said in John 6:37 (KJV)  "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

And this is also what God wants. Psalms 51:17 (KJV) explains, "The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise."

How wonderful that even the worst of sinners can be forgiven and set on a new life path with Jesus! No man-made religion offers that. They all want works to be done rather than offering freedom to bankrupt souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.