Saturday 14 April 2018

Saturday Song: Aqua Fragile, "Mass Media Stars"


Never before has humanity had so few people influencing so many. Through mass media outlets, we receive all our news andopinions. Advertising also shapes us, creating cravings for products we didn't know we needed.

One album which I never knew I needed was Aqua Fragile's album called Mass Media Stars. But instead of hearing this Italian band's songs on my local radio station, I discovered their record at the public library. The song I loved the most is the title track.

Listen to "Mass Media Stars" here.


Back in the first century A.D., there was no mass media. Even so, word-of-mouth spread rumors and gossip quickly. That's why Christ asked his disciples an important question. Matthew 16:13-17 says, "   Now when Jesus had come into the parts of Caesarea Philippi, he said, questioning his disciples, 'Who do men say that the Son of man is?' And they said, 'Some say, John the Baptist; some, Elijah; and others, Jeremiah, or one of the prophets.' He says to them, 'But who do you say that I am?' And Simon Peter made answer and said, 'You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.' And Jesus made answer and said to him, 'A blessing on you, Simon Bar-jonah: because this knowledge has not come to you from flesh and blood, but from my Father in heaven.'"

Christ was pleased that Simon Peter spoke inspired words. Those are the only ones we ought to heed. Since the Bible is "god breathed," it's the most authoritative communication in human history. Therefore, we can base our lives upon what God has said.

So, what do you think of this song and what I've written? Please feel free to leave me your reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.