Saturday 3 March 2018

Saturday Song: Anthony Moore, World Service

Ever since I discovered the joys of shortwave listening on the Pye table top radio at the school for the blind I attended, I've loved listening to foreign broadcasts in English. Tuning in stations from Japan, the USSR, and other lands thrilled me. Instead of going outside for recess, I searched the shortwave bands for distant signals.

Here Anthony Moore's "World Service" song here.

To me, shortwave radio has a glamour all its own. The thought of distant signals bouncing off the ionosphere and down to me fired my imagination. No wires or satellites were needed. All a person had to purchase was the radio.

This interest in the countries and peoples of the world has helped me identify with the Great Commission. Mark 16:15 (KJV) reads, "And he (Christ) said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

By that, he meant anybody. Christianity isn't a white man's religion as some people suppose but an inclusive faith for all the world. It doesn't matter which country you're in or from wich ethnic background you came. All that is irrelevant. Belief in Christ and following him after repenting of your sins is the only requirement.

If you liked what I wrote and the song I chose, please let me know. Otherwise, have a great weekend anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.