Thursday 1 February 2018

What Is Openness Theology?



Another wrong and blasphemous doctrine taught by certain denominations is called Openness Theology. It claims that God isn't omniscient but is as clueless as we are regarding the future.

As far as I know, there is no scriptural basis for this belief. The Bible is quite clear that God knows everything and has history all planned out.

Isaiah 46:9 and 10 (KJV) explains, "Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me, Declaring the end from the beginning, and from ancient times the things that are not yet done, saying, 'My counsel shall stand,' and I will do all my pleasure:"

If God were limited to knowing only what had happened, how could he know his counsel would stand to the end? Since he is eternal, he isn't limited by time and space as we are.

Psalms 90:2 (KJV) shows that the Lord is eternal and not limited to our myopic view of history. It says of him, "Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God."

Deuteronomy 33:27 (KJV) also declares God's eternal state of being. "The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, 'Destroy them.'"

I'll be adding this and many more warnings of deception in my next book called You Think You're Going to Heaven? Satan loves to distract those whom he can't destroy. My hope is that those misled people will be led to safety by God through the work of my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.