Saturday 6 January 2018

Saturday Song: Telex, "We Are All Getting Old"

I discovered this group's records in the delete bin at a local record store back in 1988. Costing only a dollar each, I figured I couldn't lose much. When I played both disks, I fell in love with the band's electronic music.

Hear this song here.

It certainly is true that we are all getting old. We feel it in our muscles and bones as we age. Even so, God is eternal.

As the Bible says in Isaiah 51:6 (KJV)  "Lift up your eyes to the heavens, and look upon the earth beneath: for the heavens shall vanish away like smoke, and the earth shall wax old like a garment, and they that dwell therein shall die in like manner: but my salvation shall be for ever, and my righteousness shall not be abolished."

Though we die physically, we who have our trust in Christ's work of atonement still have hope. As 1 Thessalonians 4:16 (KJV) reminds us, "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:"

Even the Old Testament saints knew they would be resurrected to new life someday. Job 19:26 (KJV) says, "And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:"

So, what do you think of this song and what I wrote? Please comment below. But if you don't want to or the site won't let you write anything, have a wonderful weekend anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.