Saturday 27 January 2018

Saturday Song, Soundgarden, "Black Hole Sun"

What a strange song this is. Even so, I enjoyed it back in January of 1996 when it was on the radio.  It was the emotion and the contrast between the verses and the chorus which hooked me on the song.

Listen to the song here.

But we don't need a black hole sun to take our tears away when we have our hope in Christ.  Jesus promised in John 16:24 (KJV), "Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full."

He also promised in John 15:11 (KJV) that, "These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full."

We also have a comforting promise when we suffer for the Lord's sake in Isaiah 66:5 (KJV) which says, "Hear the word of the LORD, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the LORD be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed."

So, what do you think of the song and this post? Please let me know in the box below. But if you don't feel like commenting, have a lovely weekend anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.