Saturday 20 January 2018

Saturday Song: The Human League, "The Things That Dreams Are Made Of"

This song was one of many which I used to psych myself up when I was an Amway Distributor. Whenever people rejected my offer to join, I would take out the cassette with all my motivational songs on it and listen to each song.

But dreams don't always come true, as I discovered the hard way. Only two of my dreams came to pass. I have my own house and I visited an electronic music aficionado in Moscow, Russia. I never thought I'd set foot in Red Square but here's a photo of me there in January of 1997.

Click here to listen to the song.

Though we don't get everything we want, God does give us those things which will benefit us spiritually and temporally. Psalm 37:4 (KJV) explains, "Delight thyself also in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

If we love the Lord, we'll automatically ask for things which will glorify him and help others. We know that he provides us our daily bread and he wants the best for us. So when we pray for him to be glorified and others to become citizens in Christ's kingdom, we naturally ask for only beneficial things.

Well, what do you think of this song and what I wrote? Please leave a comment. But if you can't or don't want to, have a nice weekend anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.