Saturday 2 December 2017

Saturday Song: Billy J Kramer, Trains And Boats And Planes

This song reminds me of being in Jericho Hill School for the Deaf and Blind. When I heard it on my little transistor radio, I identified with it immediately. How I longed to be home with my family whenever I saw a plane fly over the dorm.

Listen to the song here.

In a way, we who follow Jesus Christ are stranded in this world. Our true home is with him but we have work and lessons to learn here.

The Apostle Paul summed up the yearning we all have in Philippians 1:23 (KJV)  "For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better:"

But just as Paul still had plenty of church-planting and preaching work to do, so we have our tasks from the Lord. As Paul admonished his spiritual son in 2 Timothy 4:2 (KJV), "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine."

I hope you'll leave me a comment about the song and what I wrote here. But if you'd rather not do so, have a pleasant weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.