Saturday 14 October 2017

Saturday Song: Cream, "White Room"

Train stations can be lonely places when you have nobody to greet you. Additionally, people tend to use trains for transport to work in urban centers so the crowds aren't in the happiest of moods.

This song reminds me of the loneliness I felt in October of 1968 while at Jericho Hill School for the Deaf and Blind. The bully was merciless in his ruining of any good time I had. The weather was rainy as well, perfectly fitting my emotional gloom. This song made me wish I could catch a train home and never set foot in that horrid institution again. Even so, I loved the song.

Here "White Room" here.

There are many lonely people in this world. Even famous folks feel lonely and purposeless. This is why some even kill themselves to escape the gut-wrenching sorrow of having no true friends.

But there is somebody who does care for anybody who wishes to befriend him. Solomon mentioned him in Proverbs 18:24 (KJV). "A man that hath friends must show himself friendly: and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother."

Jesus Christ is that friend. He said in John 6:37 (KJV), "All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out."

That's what I did in August of 1969. I confessed that I was a sinner and asked the Lord to forgive me. I gave the running of my life over to him and he's led me ever since. How I wish all those lonely souls knew Jesus like I do. They'd be eternally joyful.

Well, what do you think of the song and what I wrote? Please comment below. But if you'd rather not, please have a nice weekend anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.