Saturday 26 August 2017

Saturday Song: Berlin, "Take My Breath Away"

Whenever I hear this song, it brings back all the feelings and experiences to mind from August of 1986. I went to a hospital in the town of Stony Plain to have an operation on my right eye.

What made this operation frightening for me was that it was the only eye I could use to see. My left eye went blind in 1974 so I felt great trepidation about this one also losing sight.

Hear Berlin's song here.


At the time, I attended a house church which insisted that people with enough faith could be healed. Since my eyes never improved during the many prayer sessions, the elders assumed I lacked the faith to receive such a gift from God Almighty.

Consequently, I felt petrified. What if God let me go blind? What would I do for work because my job involved a lot of reading? These and other worries hounded me day and night.

Worse yet, a bubble formed on my retina but the doctor didn't explain what caused it. I feared that my distorted vision would be permanent.

When the doctor told me a week later that the bubble was dissolving, I felt chagrinned. All that worry was for nothing. My eye recovered and I was employed for another nine years at my job.

In all the years at that church, nobody explained about God's providence to me. No matter what happens, our heavenly Father does everything for our eventual good and his glory. That's why Scripture says in 1 Peter 5:7 (KJV)  "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."

Did you like the song and what I wrote? Please tell me in the box below. But if you'd rather not comment, have a wonderful weekend anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.