Saturday 12 August 2017

Saturday Song: Al Wilson, "The Snake"

What a story this song tells. A woman has pity on a poisonous, half frozen snake. So she places him by the fire to warm up and then leaves for work. But when she comes home, she ends up being betrayed by the very one she helped.

Hear Al Wilson's song here.

This is so true of life. Though we Christians are commanded to love our enemies, we must also exercise prudence. As Jesus said to his disciples in Matthew 10:16 (KJV), "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."

Satan is also described in Scripture with metaphors such as a serpent, Leviathan, a dragon, and a ravenous lion. He never physically became  any of these creatures, as some folks allege. These metaphors are use to describe the nature of the Devil, not his physical form. He's only a spirit and spirits have no mass.

As for me, I can relate well to this song. People who I thought were my friends just wanted something from me. Once I was of no use to them, they discarded my friendship.

I'm also sure that we all have had people who we helped suddenly turn on us. If you feel up to it, please post your experiences in the comments box below. If you don't feel like doing that, have a wonderful weekend anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.