Tuesday 25 July 2017

Accuracy Vs. Embellishment

Since most of us know the Bible stories, I'll just quote the embellishments and inaccuracies of the Qu'ran in this post. Being that it was written more recently than the New Testament, it should contain fewer details rather than more.

First of all, consider what sura 4:54 says. "Or do they envy the people for what Allah has given them of His grace? We have given the family of Abraham the Book and wisdom, and We have given them a great kingdom." What book and kingdom did Abraham ever get?

Furthermore, ponder this absurd statement. Sura 3:67 reads, "Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian, but he was a Monotheist, a Muslim. And he was not of the Polytheists." Oh really? Jews and Christians weren't in existance back then.

The Bible nowhere counts Ishmael as a prophet, yet sura 4:163 claims, "We have inspired you, as We had inspired Noah and the prophets after him. And We inspired Abraham, and Ishmael, and Isaac, and Jacob, and the Patriarchs, and Jesus, and Job, and Jonah, and Aaron, and Solomon. And We gave David the Psalms."

Nowhere does the Bible say that Abraham disowned his father, yet sura 9:114 claims, "Abraham asked forgiveness for his father only because of a promise he had made to him. But when it became clear to him that he was an enemy of Allah, he disowned him. Abraham was kind and clement."

Neither did Abraham see or do like what Sura 6:76-78 says. "When the night fell over him, he saw a planet. He said, 'This is my lord.' But when it set, he said, 'I do not love those that set.' Then, when he saw the moon rising, he said, 'This is my lord.' But when it set, he said, 'If my Lord does not guide me, I will be one of the erring people.' Then, when he saw the sun rising, he said, 'This is my lord, this is bigger.' But when it set, he said, 'O my people, I am innocent of your idolatry.'"

And whenever did this happen? Sura 2:125 claims, "And We made the House a focal point for the people, and a sanctuary. Use the shrine of Abraham as a place of prayer. And We commissioned Abraham and Ishmael, 'Sanctify My House for those who circle around it, and those who seclude themselves in it, and those who kneel and prostrate.'"

Furthermore, when was Moses struck by lightning and then God resurrected him? Sura 2:55-56 reads, "And recall that you said, 'O Moses, we will not believe in you unless we see Allah plainly.' Thereupon the thunderbolt struck you, as you looked on. Then We revived you after your death, so that you may be appreciative."

Sura 19:54 says, "And mention in the Scripture Ishmael. He was true to his promise, and was a messenger, a prophet." Really?

The Bible nowhere lists Ishmael as a prophet. All it says is that God would make of him a great nation.

And remember when Jacob's brothers sold Joseph into slavery? They didn't say anything about racing to him when they brought back the torn robe of many colours with goat's blood on it. Sura 12:17 alleges, "They said, 'O father, we went off racing one another, and left Joseph by our belongings; and the wolf ate him. But you will not believe us, even though we are being truthful.'"

Furthermore, sura 12:21 states, "The Egyptian who bought him said to his wife, 'Take good care of him; he may be useful to us, or we may adopt him as a son.' We thus established Joseph in the land, to teach him the interpretation of events. Allah has control over His affairs, but most people do not know."

Potiphar never said they wanted to adopt Joseph. He was just a servant. Read the rest of sura 12 and you'll discover even more discrepencies between Holy Scripture and the Qu'ran.

Remember how the birth of John the baptist came about? Sura 19:10 claims, "He (Zechariah) said, 'My Lord, give me a sign.' He said, 'Your sign is that you will not speak to the people for three nights straight.'"

Zechariah was without speech until John was born and his relatives wanted to know what he would name the boy. Neither did he ask for a sign.

And any one familiar with the Christmas pageant will do a double take when they read this. Sura 19:23 says, "The labor-pains came upon her, by the trunk of a palm-tree. She said, 'I wish I had died before this, and been completely forgotten.'"

Neither did Jesus speak as soon as he was born. Sura 19:29-34 reads, "So she pointed to him. They said, 'How can we speak to an infant in the crib?' He said, 'I am the servant of Allah. He has given me the Scripture, and made me a prophet. And has made me blessed wherever I may be; and has enjoined on me prayer and charity, so long as I live.'And kind to my mother, and He did not make me a disobedient rebel. So Peace is upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the Day I get resurrected alive.' That is Jesus son of Mary—the Word of truth about which they doubt."

Additionally, the Qu'ran denies Christ's deity. Sura 19:88-92 reads, "And they say, 'The Most Merciful has begotten a son.' You have come up with something monstrous. At which the heavens almost rupture, and the earth splits, and the mountains fall and  crumble. Because they attribute a son to the Most Merciful. It is not fitting for the Most Merciful to have a son."

I'll expand on these outrageous claims of the Qu'ran in my next book called You Think You're Going to Heaven? Those who hold to the Chrislam doctrine need to be shown the extent of their error.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment on this blog. All reasonable comments will be published.